Assessing for Parenting Capacity Workshop - Hobart, TAS
Banksia Room, Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, Hobart - Thursday, 19th October 2017 from 9.30am to 4.30pm.
This new workshop is for anyone who works with children, young people and their families whose role it is to assess the capacity of the parent or parents
to care for their child and use this assessment to plan an effective intervention, where needed, to improve the parenting that the child or young person
The training will cover:
- the dimensions of parenting capacity;
- different sources of information that may be used to assess for parenting capacity and how to integrate that information into a well formulated plan;
- observation and interviewing skills in relation to assessing for parenting capacity;
- the dimensions of parent-child interaction;
- observation and interviewing skills in relation to assessing parent-child interaction and;
- an introduction to preparing reports on parenting capacity and parent-child interaction.
When: Thursday, 19th October 2017 from 9.30am to 4.30pm
Where: Banksia Room, Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, Queens Domain, Hobart.
Cost: The early bird booking is $242.00 if registration occurs before 18th September (GST included). The fee for registrations after the
18th September is $297.00 (GST included). Morning tea and lunch are provided.
To register: Register and complete payment below. A Tax Invoice will be emailed to you. The payment needs to be completed before the workshop
occurs, for the registration to be fully confirmed.
Facilitator: David Cherry
David is a Clinical and Forensic Psychologist who has been working for 35 years. He has extensive experience in running workshops on difficult conversations
for staff in the welfare, health, disability, education and health care sectors all around Australia as well as for staff in local, state and commonwealth
government departments. He also has wide experience in providing individual coaching for people in having difficult conversations.