Essential Skills for Effective Workers - Blacktown, NSW
Blacktown RSL, Blacktown NSW -
Wednesday, 13 September 2017
from 9.30am - 4.30pm.
This one day workshop will introduce the participants to a range of essential skills that are vital for working effectively in a helping role. The training
will be full of simple tips, ideas and strategies for helping workers provide the best possible service to their clients while enhancing their own
well-being. The workshop is seen as being useful for those who are new to a helping role as well as honing the skills of more experienced workers.
The workshop will cover:
- understanding your role and maintaining professional boundaries;
- different ways of promoting positive change in others and finding an approach that fits your role;
- working as efficiently as possible while providing the best possible service to the client;
- working well with others and managing conflict in the workplace;
- getting the most out of supervision;
- building on your own strengths and how to learn from the strengths of others;
- the importance of recording and how to record;
- participating well in meetings and running meetings successfully;
- understanding your own personal style and the vulnerabilities of that style and;
All participants will be provided with detailed notes which will include a list of useful resources in each of the areas covered.
When: Wednesday, 13th September 2017 from 9.30am - 4.30pm
Where: Blacktown RSL, Second Avenue, Blacktown NSW
Cost: The early bird booking is $242.00 if registration occurs before 13th August (GST included). The fee for registrations after the
13th August is $297.00 (GST included). Morning tea and lunch are provided.
To register: Register and complete payment below. A Tax Invoice will be emailed to you. The payment needs to be completed before the workshop
occurs, for the registration to be fully confirmed.
Facilitator: David Cherry
David is a Clinical and Forensic Psychologist who has been working for 35 years. He has extensive experience in running workshops for staff in the
welfare, health, disability, education and health care sectors all around Australia as well as for staff in local, state and commonwealth government
departments. He also has wide experience in providing individual coaching for people in workplace skill development.