The Occasional Counsellor™ - Hobart, TAS
Mantra Collins Hotel, Hobart, TAS - Wednedsay, 12th September 2018 from 9.30am - 4.30pm
The Occasional Counsellor™ is for staff who are not employed in a counselling role but are called upon to give others emotional support, including
receptionists, case managers and direct care staff. The focus of the workshop is on teaching the participants strategies for assisting individuals
who are sad, upset, bewildered, confused, angry or suicidal while clearly remaining within their role.
The workshop covers the following areas:
- the skills of the helper including the importance of empathy and when not to empathise
- understanding professional boundaries including understanding your role and the limits of your role
- the difference between emotional support and counselling
- simple, practical strategies for supporting individuals who may be acutely emotionally distressed while keeping yourself safe and remaining in your
- self-care for the worker.
When: Wednesday, 12 September 2018 from 9.30am - 4.30pm
Where: Mantra Collins Hotel, 58 Collins Street, Hobart, TAS
Cost: The early bird booking is $484.00 if registration occurs before 12 August (GST included). The fee for registrations after the 12
August is $594.00 (GST included). Morning tea and lunch are provided.
To register: Register and complete payment below. A Tax Invoice will be emailed to you. The payment needs to be completed before the workshop
occurs, for the registrations are confirmed.
Facilitator: David Cherry
David is a Clinical and Forensic Psychologist who has been working for 34 years. He has run The Occasional Counsellor™ workshop all around Australia
for staff in welfare, health, disability, education and aged care settings as well as for staff in local, state and commonwealth government departments.
He has extensive experience in working with people who are upset, anxious, depressed or angry and in providing support for individuals who have been
involved in a broad range of challenging situations.