Assessing for parenting capacity workshop - Devonport, TAS
Devonport - The Cherry Shed, Latrobe TAS - Thursday, 22nd August 2019 from 9.30am to 4.30pm.
This workshop is for anyone who works with children, young people and their families whose role it is to assess the capacity of the parent or parents to
care for their child and use this assessment to plan an effective intervention, where needed, to improve the parenting that the child or young person
The training will cover:
- the dimensions of parenting capacity;
- different sources of information that may be used to assess for parenting capacity and how to integrate that information into a well formulated plan;
- observation and interviewing skills in relation to assessing for parenting capacity;
- the dimensions of parent-child interaction;
- observation and interviewing skills in relation to assessing parent-child interaction and;
- an introduction to preparing reports on parenting capacity and parent-child interaction.
When: Thursday, 22nd August 2019 from 9.30am to 4.30pm.
Where: Devonport - The Cherry Shed, 243 Gilbert St, Latrobe TAS 7307
Cost: The early bird booking is $275.00 if registration occurs before 20th July (GST included). The fee for registrations after the 20th
July is $330.00 (GST included). Morning tea and lunch are provided.
To register: Register and complete payment below. A Tax Invoice will be emailed to you. The payment needs to be completed before the workshop
occurs, for the registration to be fully confirmed.
Facilitator: David Cherry
David Cherry is a Clinical and Forensic Psychologist who has been working for over 35 years. David has worked as a Family Court Counsellor and worked in
residential care for 14 ½ years with children and young people who could not live at home because of concerns about abuse and neglect. David has extensive
experience in preparing staff to cope in difficult working environments as well as in providing support for individuals and groups after difficult
incidents. David was a volunteer with the Victorian SES for 4 years where he was involved in searches, body recovery and road crash rescue among other