Effective Group Leadership Workshop (2-days) @ Macquarie Park, Newcastle and Parramatta
This 2-day workshop develops the necessary skills for group leaders to facilitate creative group work. The training covers the principles of using creative
group work techniques and tools. The focus includes changing group dynamics, trauma informed group work practice, increased understanding of motivational
group work models for change and the use of practical creative exercises. All participants receive a Group Leadership Skills Report on their strengths
and areas for development.
Effective leadership is a powerful phenomenon that uses a group leader’s own self confidence and belief systems. This workshop explores the belief systems
and interpersonal communication needed by leaders to create vision, hope and a common purpose that unites the energy of the group members. The group
leader’s subtle body language and self-presentation skills will be explored as they will impact on ultimate achievement of group members’ goals. Participants
are encouraged to have completed basic group work and have some experience in running structured or less structured group work programs.
- explore the use of advanced group facilitation skills
- identify and practice the key skills used in facilitating group work when people have experienced trauma
- use experiential learning and creative adult education principles
- use of multi-sensory tools to increase motivation and support change
- identify ways that work teams or groups fail to warm up to achieve their purpose
- respond to group dynamics and how to promote individual and group change
- practice strengths based group work when responding to existing trauma
- flexibility in leadership roles
- key tasks/attitudinal responses that leaders attend to in the group
- self-presentation as a leader
- development of your group leadership presence.
Cost: The cost of this two-day workshops is $550.00 (includes GST). Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are provided.
Event 1 Macquarie Park – Monday & Tuesday 10-11 May 2018 from 9.30am to 4.30pm – Relationships Australia NSW, Level 1, 68 Waterloo
Road Macquarie Park NSW
Event 2 Broadmeadow – Thursday and Friday 26-27 July 2018 from 9.30am to 4.30pm – Relationships Australia NSW, 4-6 Heddon Rd, Broadmeadow,
Facilitators: Andrew King and Chris Hardwick APPLY NOW
Event 3 Parramatta – Tuesday and Wednesday 16-17 October 2018 from 9.30am to 4.30pm – Relationships Australia NSW, Suite 601, Level 6,
126 Church Street, Parramatta, NSW
These workshops are provided by Relationships Australia Professional Training. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org